VMware Cloud on AWS supports a well-defined Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) model. In a VMware Cloud on AWS Organisation, there are two roles available, namely: Organization Member and Organization Owner. Only the Organization Owner can invite additional users to your Organization.
As an organization owner, you can invite users to your organization and give them role-based access to the organization's resources.
See below for step by step instruction on assigning above mentioned Roles for a new user:
- Log in to the VMC Console at https://vmc.vmware.com.
- Click on the drop-down list with currently logged on user name at the top right of the window, and click on View Organization.
3. Click on Active Users
4. You will see a list of all the users currently in your organization. Click Add Users.
5. Enter an email address for each user you want to add, separated by a comma, space, or a new line. Select the role to assign.
6. In the above screen shot, Organization Member is selected for Role Assignment and for Assign Service Roles, VMware Cloud on AWS service has been assigned to the new user, with Administrator, NSX Cloud Admin and NSX Cloud Auditor roles.
7. Click Add.
8. The new user should get an Invite email and will now be able to log on to VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC.
Organization Roles and Permissions: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud-services/services/Using-VMware-Cloud-Services/GUID-84E54AD5-A53F-416C-AEBE-783927CD66C1.html
Assign a VMC Service Role to an Organization Member: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud-on-AWS/services/com.vmware.vmc-aws-operations/GUID-7458E592-FC6E-43A8-B0BE-505B1435D12D.html
Satya is an experienced IT professional with a demonstrated history of working in the Information Technology with years of experience in multiple industry verticals. He currently works for VMware as Staff Cloud Solutions Architect. He is skilled in designing and implementing Enterprise Application Suite in Public, Private and Hybrid cloud infrastructure including AWS, VMware, VMware Cloud on AWS, Microsoft AZure, Google Cloud and the like.
Get connected with Satya: